I have been a resident at The Barrington for several years and I am a widow. I am happy here; never lonely, very safe, with friends and a caring staff.
The Laws and Regulations of Assisted Living Back
When you start to look for an Assisted Living Community for yourself or a loved one, it is imperative that you know the laws to be better equipped in making the best choice. According to AssistedLiving.com, Assisted Living rules and regulations in Florida are as follows:
- -Standard licensure is required for all assisted living facilities.
- -A separate license is required for extended congregate care and mental health services.
- -Direct-care staff other than nurses, certified nursing assistants, or home health aides must complete at least one hour of training in infection control, including universal precautions and facility sanitation procedures, before providing personal care to residents.
- -An additional three hours of training on resident behavior and needs and assistance with activities of daily living must be completed within 30 days of employment.
- -All staff must complete a continuing education course on HIV and AIDS biennially. Staff who prepare or serve food must complete a minimum one hour training covering safe food handling practices within 30 days of employment.
- -If a facility has over 17 residents, there must be at least one person awake and on staff at all times.
- -Depending on the number of residents, there must be a minimum of 168 staff hours per week and a maximum of 539 hours per week.
Eviction Laws & Resident Protections:
- -Facilities must provide the resident 45 days notice of eviction.
- -No reason is needed and the staff does not need to help evicted residents find new lodging.
- -Residents are entitled to the Resident Bill of Rights which states that residents in a facility shall not be deprived of any civil or legal rights.
- -County health department officials are responsible for inspecting all license applications and licensed facilities.
- -All facilities are required to be in compliance with local safety and building codes.
At Glenbrooke at Palm Bay, we are committed to upholding every law and regulation to make sure that you receive the best retirement living you can. You have worked all your life and deserve nothing but the best!
The first time I walked into the Barrington I had a very warm feeling. The entire staff is very caring and helpful. I enjoy all the activities and social events that we have. I really enjoy the food; our chef does a great job. I feel that there is something for everyone here to in enjoy here at The Barrington. I have made some wonderful friends with the residents and staff. The Barrington is a great place to live.
I came to the Barrington in 2009; this place saved my life. The room my daughter picked out for me overlooks the school and the children who go there. The trees and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. I love to walk outdoors and meditate. I also enjoy our trips to the beaches and parks. I am on the welcoming committee, serve at happy hour, and I go with the Marketing Team to do outreach. This is my home and the staff is my family.
The Barrington in Largo, FL, was recommended to us by A Place for Mom as an option for my parents. My wife and I visited The Barrington for a tour. We were greeted by Sherrie (Regional Supervisor, Tarantino Properties) for our visit. Sherrie was extremely knowledgeable & professional; a great representative for The Barrington. We also met Linda (Nurse Administrator) in order to describe the care needs required for my father. Linda was very understanding of my Dad’s needs and took the time to formulate a care plan for my father. Linda was extremely helpful with a great sense of ...Show More
I love it here. This place is just like next to heaven. It's as close as you can get.
I love it! Katie and Amber are so helpful and keep me involved. Everyone is so kind here. I love bingo. We have such sweet, sweet people working here. The food is outstanding too!
I love it here. Katie and Amber are the reason I love it here. You both are exactly why I love every day here.
There are just so many activities here that it's hard to choose what to do. I love the poker on Thursday nights. It's been an easy transition for me.
The people that work here are really nice and attentive. I like playing Scrabble and staying busy. Our walking club is really fun. I love being outside. Our walkway around the building is so nice. I always like when they come in and help me get ready for my day in the morning. The Parkinson's program is so nice to get my day started too.
I like the activities here. That's my favorite part. We painted bird houses and now they're in the courtyard. I love the entertainment here. The music is from the right era! I am really happy.