I have been a resident at The Barrington for several years and I am a widow. I am happy here; never lonely, very safe, with friends and a caring staff.
Staying In or Going Out: Joyful Ways to Spend the Holidays Back
It’s time to spread some holiday cheer! The holidays are a wonderful time filled with family, tradition, and fun! Whether you like staying in, or going out; here are a few great ideas to help you stay connected with family and friends this holiday season.
Activities For Those Staying In:
- Decorate your house. Decorate a tree that fits nicely in your unit, hang lights, and display christmas cards from loved ones
- Make a holiday wreath. Participate in or learn a new skill by making your own wreath this year. If you have a knack for it, make one for a loved one too!
- Sing holiday songs together. Invite friends or family over to sing those holiday classics you love so much. If you feel like venturing out when it comes to singing, go caroling with friends or join a choir in your community.
- Bake cookies. Invite a friend or a grandchild and bake your heart out. It’s sure to feel like the holidays once that cinnamon and ginger aroma fills the air!
- Decorate and fill stockings. You can send stockings as presents to loved ones, or you could donate to local organizations that provide Christmas to children in need.
Activities For Those Going Out:
- Stroll around the mall. Malls have some of the most gorgeous, over-the-top decorations during the holidays. There is usually a Santa area bustling with excited children, and holiday music fills the halls. Grab a hot cup of coffee or cocoa and take a stroll or find a bench to relax on.
- Go see Christmas lights. Find a neighborhood or local area that is lit with Christmas cheer and enjoy a night-time drive. Bring a loved one or a friend to share the experience with.
- See a local play or performance. Many communities offer seasonal favorites such as the Nutcracker through a performance company. A local orchestra or symphony may offer a holiday performance featuring some of the holiday classics you know and love as well!
- Head to the movies. Enjoy a feel-good holiday movie or fun comedy in the theater with some popcorn.
Whether you’re staying in or going out, there are many simple and lovely ways to enjoy the holidays that can bring joy to you and those around you. Happy Holidays!
The first time I walked into the Barrington I had a very warm feeling. The entire staff is very caring and helpful. I enjoy all the activities and social events that we have. I really enjoy the food; our chef does a great job. I feel that there is something for everyone here to in enjoy here at The Barrington. I have made some wonderful friends with the residents and staff. The Barrington is a great place to live.
I came to the Barrington in 2009; this place saved my life. The room my daughter picked out for me overlooks the school and the children who go there. The trees and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. I love to walk outdoors and meditate. I also enjoy our trips to the beaches and parks. I am on the welcoming committee, serve at happy hour, and I go with the Marketing Team to do outreach. This is my home and the staff is my family.
The Barrington in Largo, FL, was recommended to us by A Place for Mom as an option for my parents. My wife and I visited The Barrington for a tour. We were greeted by Sherrie (Regional Supervisor, Tarantino Properties) for our visit. Sherrie was extremely knowledgeable & professional; a great representative for The Barrington. We also met Linda (Nurse Administrator) in order to describe the care needs required for my father. Linda was very understanding of my Dad’s needs and took the time to formulate a care plan for my father. Linda was extremely helpful with a great sense of ...Show More
I love it here. This place is just like next to heaven. It's as close as you can get.
I love it! Katie and Amber are so helpful and keep me involved. Everyone is so kind here. I love bingo. We have such sweet, sweet people working here. The food is outstanding too!
I love it here. Katie and Amber are the reason I love it here. You both are exactly why I love every day here.
There are just so many activities here that it's hard to choose what to do. I love the poker on Thursday nights. It's been an easy transition for me.
The people that work here are really nice and attentive. I like playing Scrabble and staying busy. Our walking club is really fun. I love being outside. Our walkway around the building is so nice. I always like when they come in and help me get ready for my day in the morning. The Parkinson's program is so nice to get my day started too.
I like the activities here. That's my favorite part. We painted bird houses and now they're in the courtyard. I love the entertainment here. The music is from the right era! I am really happy.