I have been a resident at The Barrington for several years and I am a widow. I am happy here; never lonely, very safe, with friends and a caring staff.
Prevent Catching a Cold Back
The weather is getting cooler and it’s getting dark earlier in the day. That means that cold and flu season is right around the corner. These are some simple ways and easy reminders that will prevent you from catching a cold or the flu.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often. Washing or sanitizing your hands frequently will kill any germs you have picked up from touching objects or coming in contact with other people.
- Refrain from touching your face. It is easy to pick up germs on your hands by touching objects or people like mentioned above. Touching your face with unclean hands will increase your chance of getting sick dramatically. If you need to touch your face for any reason, be sure to clean your hands before you do so.
- Get plenty of rest. Getting a good night of sleep will have your body fighting potential illnesses at full strength.
- Place a bottle of hand sanitizer in your living room or bedside table. Having it handy will make a big difference because it will make cleaning your hands easy if you do not have easy access to a bathroom. Bottles of hand sanitizer are usually affordable and can save you a trip to the doctor.
- Do not eat or drink after others, especially if they are sick or feeling under the weather.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. That way you can prevent spreading germs to others and hopefully others will do the same for you.
- Good diet and exercise. This goes hand in hand with getting a good night’s sleep. Healthy habits will keep your immune system running strong and will put up the best defense when fighting off germs that can make you sick.
- Get a flu shot. Getting your yearly flu shot will help to prevent you from getting the flu. The shots are quick and painless and will help a great deal during flu season.
If you begin running a fever, be sure to schedule an appointment to see your doctor.
The first time I walked into the Barrington I had a very warm feeling. The entire staff is very caring and helpful. I enjoy all the activities and social events that we have. I really enjoy the food; our chef does a great job. I feel that there is something for everyone here to in enjoy here at The Barrington. I have made some wonderful friends with the residents and staff. The Barrington is a great place to live.
I came to the Barrington in 2009; this place saved my life. The room my daughter picked out for me overlooks the school and the children who go there. The trees and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. I love to walk outdoors and meditate. I also enjoy our trips to the beaches and parks. I am on the welcoming committee, serve at happy hour, and I go with the Marketing Team to do outreach. This is my home and the staff is my family.
The Barrington in Largo, FL, was recommended to us by A Place for Mom as an option for my parents. My wife and I visited The Barrington for a tour. We were greeted by Sherrie (Regional Supervisor, Tarantino Properties) for our visit. Sherrie was extremely knowledgeable & professional; a great representative for The Barrington. We also met Linda (Nurse Administrator) in order to describe the care needs required for my father. Linda was very understanding of my Dad’s needs and took the time to formulate a care plan for my father. Linda was extremely helpful with a great sense of ...Show More
I love it here. This place is just like next to heaven. It's as close as you can get.
I love it! Katie and Amber are so helpful and keep me involved. Everyone is so kind here. I love bingo. We have such sweet, sweet people working here. The food is outstanding too!
I love it here. Katie and Amber are the reason I love it here. You both are exactly why I love every day here.
There are just so many activities here that it's hard to choose what to do. I love the poker on Thursday nights. It's been an easy transition for me.
The people that work here are really nice and attentive. I like playing Scrabble and staying busy. Our walking club is really fun. I love being outside. Our walkway around the building is so nice. I always like when they come in and help me get ready for my day in the morning. The Parkinson's program is so nice to get my day started too.
I like the activities here. That's my favorite part. We painted bird houses and now they're in the courtyard. I love the entertainment here. The music is from the right era! I am really happy.