I have been a resident at The Barrington for several years and I am a widow. I am happy here; never lonely, very safe, with friends and a caring staff.
Don't Just Live but Really LIVE! Back
It is common for us to keep to ourselves more as we age however if you are finding that your happiness level isn't what it once was, you need to make a change and make it quickly. You are responsible for your own happiness and you want to get the most of life as you can. This is not a dress rehearsal. How, you ask? Here are some tips:
- Make the Decision - Decide that you want to LIVE your life to the fullest and enjoy every minute of it!
- Set Your Alarm - I know it sounds silly, you are retired so why would you set an alarm. Setting an alarm will help remind you that you have a purpose. You want to wake up and get going with your day!
- Shower as soon as you get up! A nice shower not only feels great but it gets your brain going and prepares you to accomplish something.
- Go to the Dining Room = You can decide if you want to go foor breakfast, lunch or dinner or all of them. If you go to the dining room to eat, you will meet other residents and enjoy their company! Making friends adds so much to your happiness.
- Have a Positive Attitude - If you believe that you are happy, happiness will find you. If you smile at others and are positive, people will recognize this and want to bring happiness to you, as well.
- Be Grateful for your Blessings - Always having an attitude of gratitude will bring you even more blessings.
- Let the Ones You Love Know You Love Them - People love knowing htat they have made an impact in your life. You should let those you care about know how you feel! They, in turn will show you how loved you are!
- Remember, you deserve to be happy!!
The first time I walked into the Barrington I had a very warm feeling. The entire staff is very caring and helpful. I enjoy all the activities and social events that we have. I really enjoy the food; our chef does a great job. I feel that there is something for everyone here to in enjoy here at The Barrington. I have made some wonderful friends with the residents and staff. The Barrington is a great place to live.
I came to the Barrington in 2009; this place saved my life. The room my daughter picked out for me overlooks the school and the children who go there. The trees and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. I love to walk outdoors and meditate. I also enjoy our trips to the beaches and parks. I am on the welcoming committee, serve at happy hour, and I go with the Marketing Team to do outreach. This is my home and the staff is my family.
The Barrington in Largo, FL, was recommended to us by A Place for Mom as an option for my parents. My wife and I visited The Barrington for a tour. We were greeted by Sherrie (Regional Supervisor, Tarantino Properties) for our visit. Sherrie was extremely knowledgeable & professional; a great representative for The Barrington. We also met Linda (Nurse Administrator) in order to describe the care needs required for my father. Linda was very understanding of my Dad’s needs and took the time to formulate a care plan for my father. Linda was extremely helpful with a great sense of ...Show More
I love it here. This place is just like next to heaven. It's as close as you can get.
I love it! Katie and Amber are so helpful and keep me involved. Everyone is so kind here. I love bingo. We have such sweet, sweet people working here. The food is outstanding too!
I love it here. Katie and Amber are the reason I love it here. You both are exactly why I love every day here.
There are just so many activities here that it's hard to choose what to do. I love the poker on Thursday nights. It's been an easy transition for me.
The people that work here are really nice and attentive. I like playing Scrabble and staying busy. Our walking club is really fun. I love being outside. Our walkway around the building is so nice. I always like when they come in and help me get ready for my day in the morning. The Parkinson's program is so nice to get my day started too.
I like the activities here. That's my favorite part. We painted bird houses and now they're in the courtyard. I love the entertainment here. The music is from the right era! I am really happy.