The first time I walked into the Barrington I had a very warm feeling. The entire staff is very caring and helpful. I enjoy all the activities and social events that we have. I really enjoy the food; our chef does a great job. I feel that there is something for everyone here to in enjoy here at The Barrington. I have made some wonderful friends with the residents and staff. The Barrington is a great place to live.
Celebrating National Friendship Day Back
Friendship is an important part of our life no matter what our age is. Friendship can help to improve your mental health by reducing problems with depression as well as relieving stress. August 6th is National Friendship Day. It is a day dedicated to celebrating the friendships we have developed over our lifetimes. Here are some fun and easy ways to celebrate National Friendship Day.
- Plan a fun social event- It can be a fun get together between a few close friends or a larger party with food and games. Create new memories for celebrating in years to come. You can use the pictures taken to decorate your living space to remind you that your friends are always nearby.
- Schedule a time to call your friends or chat over Skype. Calling and video chatting with your friends makes celebrating your friendships easy, especially if you live in different cities or states. Contact them ahead of time, and plan out a time that is convenient for both of you.
- Connect with friends on social media. Social media platforms are another great way to keep in contact with your friends no matter the distance that separates you. Send your friends a message to let you know you are thankful for them and their friendship.
- Have a thoughtful discussion in person. Reminisce about fun memories you have together or share thoughts and opinions about interesting topics. This is a fun and relaxing way to celebrate National Friendship Day that does not require a lot of planning or activity.
- View old photographs or videos together. Whether from childhood or adulthood, this is a great way to celebrate. Rewind the time and remember why you became great friends in the first place.
Whatever you decide to do, you will have a blast looking back on old memories and creating new ones with your friends. It is important to celebrate your friendships every day, but especially on National Friendship Day.