I have been a resident at The Barrington for several years and I am a widow. I am happy here; never lonely, very safe, with friends and a caring staff.
Celebrating National Friendship Day Back
Friendship is an important part of our life no matter what our age is. Friendship can help to improve your mental health by reducing problems with depression as well as relieving stress. August 6th is National Friendship Day. It is a day dedicated to celebrating the friendships we have developed over our lifetimes. Here are some fun and easy ways to celebrate National Friendship Day.
- Plan a fun social event- It can be a fun get together between a few close friends or a larger party with food and games. Create new memories for celebrating in years to come. You can use the pictures taken to decorate your living space to remind you that your friends are always nearby.
- Schedule a time to call your friends or chat over Skype. Calling and video chatting with your friends makes celebrating your friendships easy, especially if you live in different cities or states. Contact them ahead of time, and plan out a time that is convenient for both of you.
- Connect with friends on social media. Social media platforms are another great way to keep in contact with your friends no matter the distance that separates you. Send your friends a message to let you know you are thankful for them and their friendship.
- Have a thoughtful discussion in person. Reminisce about fun memories you have together or share thoughts and opinions about interesting topics. This is a fun and relaxing way to celebrate National Friendship Day that does not require a lot of planning or activity.
- View old photographs or videos together. Whether from childhood or adulthood, this is a great way to celebrate. Rewind the time and remember why you became great friends in the first place.
Whatever you decide to do, you will have a blast looking back on old memories and creating new ones with your friends. It is important to celebrate your friendships every day, but especially on National Friendship Day.
The first time I walked into the Barrington I had a very warm feeling. The entire staff is very caring and helpful. I enjoy all the activities and social events that we have. I really enjoy the food; our chef does a great job. I feel that there is something for everyone here to in enjoy here at The Barrington. I have made some wonderful friends with the residents and staff. The Barrington is a great place to live.
I came to the Barrington in 2009; this place saved my life. The room my daughter picked out for me overlooks the school and the children who go there. The trees and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. I love to walk outdoors and meditate. I also enjoy our trips to the beaches and parks. I am on the welcoming committee, serve at happy hour, and I go with the Marketing Team to do outreach. This is my home and the staff is my family.
The Barrington in Largo, FL, was recommended to us by A Place for Mom as an option for my parents. My wife and I visited The Barrington for a tour. We were greeted by Sherrie (Regional Supervisor, Tarantino Properties) for our visit. Sherrie was extremely knowledgeable & professional; a great representative for The Barrington. We also met Linda (Nurse Administrator) in order to describe the care needs required for my father. Linda was very understanding of my Dad’s needs and took the time to formulate a care plan for my father. Linda was extremely helpful with a great sense of ...Show More
I love it here. This place is just like next to heaven. It's as close as you can get.
I love it! Katie and Amber are so helpful and keep me involved. Everyone is so kind here. I love bingo. We have such sweet, sweet people working here. The food is outstanding too!
I love it here. Katie and Amber are the reason I love it here. You both are exactly why I love every day here.
There are just so many activities here that it's hard to choose what to do. I love the poker on Thursday nights. It's been an easy transition for me.
The people that work here are really nice and attentive. I like playing Scrabble and staying busy. Our walking club is really fun. I love being outside. Our walkway around the building is so nice. I always like when they come in and help me get ready for my day in the morning. The Parkinson's program is so nice to get my day started too.
I like the activities here. That's my favorite part. We painted bird houses and now they're in the courtyard. I love the entertainment here. The music is from the right era! I am really happy.